7 Best Options for Old Car
- Sell your old car or scrap car yourself. Your car will sell for the highest price to a private party. Selling via private party will generate the highest return in the Akron, OH market, by getting you closest to the current Kelly Blue Book (KBB) price. The disadvantages are: the length of time before you find a buyer and headaches involved with advertising and “test drives” with interested buyers and pricing negotiations. If your car is running, it is not a truly “junk” or “scrap” car and is valuable to someone for basic transportation.
- Give the car away as a gift. Perhaps an acquaintance has a need for transportation? This will allow you to get your scrap or junk car moved with minimal problems and may help someone in need.
- Donate the car: Vehicles can be donated to charitable organizations in most states in the US. The market value (price) is tax deductible on your taxes. With increasing changing US tax laws from year to year, it may get complicated. It’s best to gather information to insure eligibility for the full deductible benefit amount. You should consult your tax or accounting pro before moving donating your junk car.
- Trade the old car in to a dealer. If you plan to purchase a newer car from an auto dealer, they may be motivated to buy your old car, junk car or scrap car as part of the deal. In many cases an automobile retailer’s offer will actually be 10-30% under what could be obtained from the private party sale of the car. Dealerships may view your scrap car as burdensome. (Sometimes, they will hide the potential loss they are taking on your old car in the new car’s deal)
- Sell your old, non-running vehicle to a scrap car buyer: Most cities have salvage sites with car shredders. This option is good when the vehicle is a not running or needs many repairs. These companies may call themselves “cash for car buyers”, scrap car removal experts or “cash for clunkers” buyers. The scrap or junk car buying industry usually will include towing of the vehicle as an extra benefit to sell your car for scrap.
- Are the items on your car valuable? You may be fortunate enough to find a private vehicle owner or auto recycler that is may have a need for many of the used items and offer a fair price and handle the scrap car removal.
- Repairing the vehicle and using it yourself. If the above options aren’t possible, it may be best to keep it. Some vehicle repair sites will restore the vehicle interior and exterior for an affordable price. If you shop around and can economically have the old car restored, it may last you another year or two and allow you to avoid car payments.
Barberton Junk Cars is a one of Summit County’s “cash for car buyers”. We handle scrap car removal and include free towing with our cash for clunkers program. If looking to scrap a car for cash in Akron call 330-732-5865. We provide scrap car removal 7 days a week in Barberton, Copley, Cuyahoga Falls, Stow, Norton, Ellet and the surrounding areas. Get cash for clunkers by visiting http://www.barbertonjunkcars.com and your will receive a junk car quote and possible same-day pickup from our cash for car buyers.